The Eachine Wizard X220
This is The Eachine Wizard X220 QuadCopter Free-style FPV quadcopter form Eachine. We now sell the two version of this quadcopter, the Ready to Fly (RTF) version and the Almost Ready to Fly (ARF).
The Eachine Wizard X220 QuadCopter is an excellent all-round quadcopter that is built with high quality equipment and gives you superb flying experience across the 220mm frame.
Some of the equipment included is the BLHeli_S ESCs, a 200mW 48CH video transmitter and a 700TVL IR-coated camera.
The XT60 battery connector extrudes from the top plate, making installation of the battery a breeze.
The video transmitter connector is also extremely easily accessible so all you need to do is to screw on your included antenna.
Perhaps most importantly of all, the USB port on the Naze32 board is positioned on the side on the quad so you can simply plug and unplug your quad from your computer!
If you are new to the field and looking for a complete kit, get the RTF version as this includes everything that you need to get in the air including a battery and radio.
If you have a bit more experience and already have a radio transmitter and receiver, you can try out the ARF version. Full lists of what each version contains can be found below.
- Motors: 2205 2300 kV
- ESC: 20A BLHeli_s
- Frame: Carbon Fibre “X” Frame with 4mm arms
- Agile frame at Motor-to-motor is : 220mm across.
- Props: 5″ Tri-blade props (5040)
- FC: SP Racing F3 (clone)
- VTX: BLHeli_S ESCs, 200mW 48 Channel 5.8 GHz
- Camera: 700 TVL CMOSL IR-coated camera.
- Comes with in-built LEDs on the motors for easy navigation.
- (RTF version) 1500 mAh 3S Battery and charger
- (RTF version) FlySky I6 2.4G 6CH remote control
- (RTF version) Flysky 2.4G 6CH FS-iA6B Receiver
- Comes with 20 propellers (10 x CW, 10 x CCW) – plenty of spares for those occasional crashes!
- Weighs just 484g with battery.
- Pre-soldered FC and Matek PDB for a clean build
- ARF version comes with cable ready to easily plug into your receiver
- Rubber grommets protect both VTX antenna connection and power cables
- LEDs under motors for orientation
- Neoprene bumpers on bottom of arms
- Protective side plates
- Comes with spare props
- XT-60 battery connector (vast majority of batteries now use this)
- VTX has dip switches for channel selection
- No spare parts provided
- Motor bearings not the best
- FC is a clone, with potential reliability issues
- No battery voltage monitoring built in (grab a LiPo buzzer)
- Linear antenna for VTX
- No OSD
The Eachine Wizard X220 QuadCopter – Verdict
For the per-cost of money this is as good-as you can build yourself for beginners, without any risk! The ease of access and ability to quickly replace, and or upgrade components is is very easy for beginners and experienced fliers. The overall design is proven with solid testing by professionals,
The typical now and then props breaking is what everyone experiences, so if you are a beginner do not worry, because you are doing fine. Now, if you are beginner, and or are looking for the The Eachine Wizard X220 QuadCopter as an upgrade from old hardware – then this is widely recommend to use the “The Eachine Wizard X220 QuadCopter”.