This is “The Eachine Wizard X220” for Betaflight for all levels safe and in other posts an Initial Setup Update in “Hyper Brief Review”
Could the Eachine Wizard X220 be the RTF FPV Racing Drone? This review gives you all the information about this budget FPV Racing Drone.
I’ll start with an overview of the features, pros and cons, but if you want to understand more about what this all means and my thoughts, skip down to read my in-depth review.
Eachine Wizard X220 – Features, Pros and Cons
The Eachine Wizard X220 has an incredible feature list, which almost speaks for itself.
The Eachine Wizard X220 is available in two configurations and features:
- Motors: 2205 2300 kV
- ESC: 20A BLHeli_s
- Frame: Carbon Fibre “X” Frame with 4mm arms
- Motor-to-motor: 220mm
- Props: 5″ Tri-blade props (5040)
- FC: SP Racing F3 (clone)
- VTX: 200mW 48 Channel 5.8 GHz
- Camera: 700 TVL CMOS
- (RTF version) 1500 mAh 3S Battery and charger
- (RTF version) FlySky I6 2.4G 6CH remote control
- (RTF version) Flysky 2.4G 6CH FS-iA6B Receiver
- Pre-soldered FC and Matek PDB for a clean build
- ARF version comes with cable ready to easily plug into your receiver
- Rubber grommets protect both VTX antenna connection and power cables
- LEDs under motors for orientation
- Neoprene bumpers on bottom of arms
- Protective side plates
- Comes with spare props
- XT-60 battery connector (vast majority of batteries now use this)
- VTX has dip switches for channel selection
- No spare parts provided
- Motor bearings not the best
- FC is a clone, with potential reliability issues
- No battery voltage monitoring built in (grab a LiPo buzzer)
- Linear antenna for VTX
- No OSD
Eachine Wizard X220 – Initial impression
! Overall, my first impression is that the Eachine Wizard X220 would be great for for both racing and aerial acrobatics.
Eachine Wizard X220 – In depth analysis
Spares can take a long time to be delivered from China, so I recommend you get the below components with your drone:
I would include a spare arm in this list, but at the time of writing they are not available. Keep an eye here for when they are released.
Eachine Wizard X220 – Verdict
If you are a beginner or a veteran quadcopter flier and or you are looking at an upgrade from old hardware then this here is recommend; “The Eachine Wizard X220”.